how to join the popup of identify task and graphics layer?

01-10-2017 07:30 AM
vamsi_krishnavissapragada
New Contributor II

i have a graphics layer and a mapImage layer,

i have popup for graphics layer and i have a identify task for the mapImage layer that display the popup

but the problem is that when at some extent i click on the graphics then the popup is displaying and then immediately replaced by the popup of mapImage layer 

how can i prevent it?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Vamsi,

So you want to ignore the mapImage layer if you get info from a graphic already? What is your desired workflow?

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Robert,

i have some things like primary conductors in mapImage layer and some consumers in graphics layer...when we click on consumer its showing the consumer details once and then replacing the popup with the popup of the conductors....

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

And yes i want igonre the info from the mapimage layer if i get the info from graphic or combining the popup like showing them in one popup is also fine

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Vamsi,

So then you have to adjust your code to cancel the identifyTask if you get results from the graphic click. Not knowing your code I can only make general suggestions.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Robert,

i have written the on view click functionality to get the graphics from hit test and id it is not 0then i am canelling the identify task

but the issu is we are using wcdocker when we are keeping the map in the docker the hit test is not returning the graphics

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Vasmi,

Sorry, I don't even know what wcdocker is, so I can not help there.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Robert ,

do you have any idea how to write events for graphics in 4.2

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Vamsi,

Neither graphics or graphicsLayer have click events only Views do so the view hit test is the only way I know of to get a graphic that has been clicked.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Thank you robert

0 Kudos