Can I retrospectively install and configure ArcGIS Data Store on an already configured Server / Portal configuration?

01-09-2017 01:59 AM
CharlieDoherty
New Contributor II

Hi,

We have had ArcGIS Server 10.4.1 and ArcGIS Portal 10.4.1 installed and running since August with ArcGIS Web Adapter installed on our web server.

I have recently been looking at creating story maps through Portal and notice to host the images I need to configure ArcGIS Data Store. This has been installed since August but never configured. If I configure this now to point to our 10.4.1 Server is this going to cause any problems or can I simply configure this and carry on as normal?

Thanks in advance for any responses they are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlie

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Charlie,

Yes, you can install the ArcGIS Data Store after having already installed both the GIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS. After you install the ArcGIS Data Store, it becomes a managed data store for the GIS Server. If the GIS Server is federated with Portal for ArcGIS, you will have the option to make the Server site a hosting server for Portal.

> I have recently been looking at creating story maps through Portal and notice to host the images I need to configure ArcGIS Data Store.

Are you certain about this? I think the images can be hosted directly in the Portal for ArcGIS repository.

Hope this helps,