AGOL Gallery now defaults to ESRI Feature content, WHY?

Jump to solution
01-03-2017 11:49 AM
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

In AGOL Organizational accounts the Gallery used to default to organizations featured content and now it defaults to ESRI's featured content.  I can not for the life of me figure out how to change this back to the organizations content.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for tagging me on the issue. We are looking into the issue, and I will post back with an update when I have one.

For the time being, there is an enhancement that has been logged with support regarding this topic.

ENH-000101593 : Add the ability to set 'My Organization's Feature Content' as the default tab when opening the Gallery link in ArcGIS Online.

Feel free to contract support and request to be attached to the enhancement if you would like to track this through your support portal.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Michael,

Are you an admin on your AGOL Organization? Can you go into your Org's settings to see if your local basemaps are still the default there?

MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

Yes I'm an admin. It's not basemaps it's the content listed in the Gallery for My Organizations Featured Content. It is defaulting to ESRI's featured content. The user is able to switch it, but I would like it to default to our content like it used to before last AGOL update.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I'm getting the same behavior, if you are talking about this page coming up with the "Esri Featured Content" by default when clicking the Gallery link are the top. I don't see a way to override it that in the Edit page

On what might be a related issue. our custom basemaps are in Alaska Albers and are supposed to be our default set of basemaps.  In fact, I had it set to not show the esri base maps (but this may have been checked back on).

When I choose to create a new map, it shows my custom basemap for a few seconds, then pans and is blank.  If I switch to one of the esri AGOL basemaps, that shows....hard to tell if it had to zoom or not.  I double checked that our custom basemap has the extent sent correctly.   ---not trying to hijack this thread, but just in case these are related, i.e. due to the December update, thought I'd mention it.

edit:  tagging KGerrow-esristaff 

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for tagging me on the issue. We are looking into the issue, and I will post back with an update when I have one.

For the time being, there is an enhancement that has been logged with support regarding this topic.

ENH-000101593 : Add the ability to set 'My Organization's Feature Content' as the default tab when opening the Gallery link in ArcGIS Online.

Feel free to contract support and request to be attached to the enhancement if you would like to track this through your support portal.

-Kelly

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Kelly.  I'll contact tech support and get added.

0 Kudos