AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to open external Python script from ArcMap PyWindow

Question asked by jhead@lakeworth on Jan 4, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 by jhead@lakeworth

Hello all,

I have this python script that I execute inside the ArcMap Python Window and it does an array of spatial analysis processes to get me to my desired final mxd content. I then have another script that overrides my existing feature classes on my AGOL account with the current layers in the open mxd. : Click Here (it is necessary that this script is ran outside of ArcMap via the Python shell. 

The only issue is that after I run my first script in ArcMap I then have to open my python shell outside of ArcMap in order to run the second script. I am trying to find a way to execute the 2nd script from the first script without manually leaving arcmap to open my python shell and load the script. But keep in mind my first script is being run from the ArcMap Pywindow. SO I cannot figure out a way to escape that... hope this question makes sense and is this even possible. I am basically trying to eliminate all user-interaction to completely automate this task once I load the first script into ArcMap. 

Please feel free to ask if this does not make sense. 

Outcomes