laclaje

Network span and proximity question

Discussion created by laclaje on Jan 3, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 6, 2017 by cdspatial

I have a proximity point issue I was hoping someone can help me with. In the attached PDF you can see a network with lines and points. I need to generate a point feature class based on the way points feature class that shows each way point and the two weigh station points it is between. For example, the orange point with a "z" in it will end up with a weigh_pt1 field and a weigh_pt2 field that have the entries of "1" and "2" for the two closest weigh stations along the line. The orange point with a "p" in it will end up with a weigh_pt1 field and a weigh_pt2 field that have the entries of "105" and "B" for the two closest weigh stations along the line.

All the methods I have tried so far using spatial joins, buffers, and nearest tables can generate a feature class where there are more than two entries for each way point but I am not sure how to generate entries along the route using 3 separate feature classes?

I feel like there is a simple solution to this but I cannot seem to figure it out.

Attachments

Outcomes