Understanding blocking and what cause it.

12-20-2016 01:39 PM
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

So i have been going through and reconciling and posting versions and trying to clean them up. As i have been doing this noticed  that a lot (well all my versions) say the "Blocking Is: True" and i cant figure out why but i do know its interfering with my ability to reconcile and post back to DEFAULT 

I looked through my notes from the classes i took and also for documentation online but can really find anything.

Can anyone help point me the right direction to better understand what causing my versions to be blocking and what i can do to fix it? 

Thanks

3 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

I think its the fact that the version you are reconcile and posting exists and is created off of DEFAULT and therefore you will not get to state zero until you first delete all versions except DEFAULT.

RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

Hmmm...most of the versions are edits versions of QA but there is one version that is an edit version of DEFAULT.

I will see if i can reconcile and post that version, delete it and see whats up.

Thanks for the feedback

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

The below link should help:

Reconcile Versions—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Determines which versions will be reconciled when the tool is executed.

• ALL_VERSIONS —Reconciles edit versions with the target version. This is the default.
  • BLOCKING_VERSIONS —Reconciles versions that are blocking the target version from compressing. This option uses the recommended reconcile order.