Health Report issues

12-20-2016 11:05 AM
NatalieMarioni
New Contributor

Has anyone else been having trouble with the Health Report function in StoryMaps? I have been working on a cascade Story Map, with many pictures stored on my computer. These have been linked to in my Story Map for a month, but suddenly are generating a Health Report issue with these photos. It does appear that they are still visible when I view my story (not yet public), but I'm concerned that once my StoryMap goes live, some people may not see all my images. Once I redirect to one of the images, usually all of them repair and there is no longer an error health report. But I have to correct this nearly each time I log in to configure my Story Map. Wondering if anyone else has had this issues and knows of long-term solutions. Thanks!!

Natalie Marioni

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Natalie -- when you mean the photos are stored on your computer, do you mean you uploaded them to your story in the builder or that you linked to them somehow?

Can you share a screenshot of the specific error that is reported?

You can always test your story in a private browsing or incognito browser window and that will simulate how someone else, who is not logged in, will see your story.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
NatalieMarioni
New Contributor

Hi Owen,

Thank you for reading/ replying to my question. I mean that I uploaded the photos to my story via the builder function. I did not mean linked to them. Those images that I have linked to through outside sources (one from NOAA, for example) do not have any issues loading. Nor do some of my photos that I have uploaded via the builder function.

Below is the error I'm getting (first screenshot). Simply that this image is not accessible. The image is still listed in the thumbnails of images included in this story (second screenshot, last image). When I add the photo from here, it usually repairs all the other photos that have this issue. But I have to do this each time I log out and log back into my StoryMap.

Natalie

0 Kudos