AnsweredAssumed Answered

SQL Server 2012 Native Client Issues

Question asked by lloydbronn on Dec 15, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 by schlot

We're running ArcGIS and Server 10.3. I'm trying to register a SQL 2012 database on our server. I'm able to create a connection file through ArcMap on a computer across our network. When I export this document to the Server machine and try to register the database I get this error:

"The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communications software that is not compatible with the SQL Server database server."

We have verified that we have SQL Server native client version 11.3.6020 installed on the ArcMap workstation. We found that Native Client version 11.0 was installed on our SQL server virtual machine and ArcGIS server virtual machine (both housed on the same server over our network). We tried to download and install the latest native client version (11.3) on both of these servers. The installer says "an older version of native client was detected on your machine, do you want to upgrade?" or something to that effect. We say yes, install and restart the machine. We did this on both the SQL server and ArcGIS server VMs and they both still show version 11.0 when we run the odbcad32.exe command to check the drivers. We're stumped. 

Has anyone had a similar problem? 

Outcomes