AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best Deployment for Operations Dashboard

Question asked by pboras on Dec 15, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 8, 2019 by bfausel

I attended your seminars at the last User Conference in San Diego and would like your opinion since you seemed to really understand law enforcements data security concerns.

I want to implement an operations dashboard for our command staff  and detective in-house and for our patrol units in the cars (via web-based mdcs).

I was going to use the operations dashboard template found on ESRI's main page under additional products and Portal for ArcGIS.  I have received several different opinions from tech support about how to implement (mostly suggesting I use ArcGIS Online which I don't want to do because I want to keep the data behind our police department's firewall).  

Is the standard operations dashboard with Portal for ArcGIS still the best choice or is there a better option?

I have begun to read about ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 and recently seen other versions of the dashboard so I'm not sure what is the current recommendation. As tech support does not seem to understand the data security concerns, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Outcomes