Is there a way to remove specific individual items from the ArcGIS Online organizational account carousel?

Jump to solution
12-14-2016 11:39 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a way to remove specific individual items from the ArcGIS Online organizational account carousel? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kevin,

> When I went to share I couldn't 'un-click' the default group that is assigned to the carousel. 

You need to be an admin for the organization to be able to perform this action.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Can you just un-share the item with the group used for the carousel?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable
For some things I'd prefer to keep it shared public but just remove from carousel. When I went to share I couldn't 'un-click' the default group that is assigned to the carousel. This is a basic but important addition I think Esri can make to ArcGIS Online. Let's say you want a webmap to be public in terms of sharing, but not plastered out front on the carousel if your Org site is public. I don't see how to do this but I may call support sometime.
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You should be able to just unshare it with the group you use for your carousel, yet leave it shared to public, other public groups etc.  The home page carousel is set up when editing settings

Make sure it isn't shared with that group.  If not the home page, some of the other tabs ask for groups to share in the gallery, etc.  And make sure it isn't shared to a group that is then shared to the group (if that nesting is possible ??)

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kevin,

> When I went to share I couldn't 'un-click' the default group that is assigned to the carousel. 

You need to be an admin for the organization to be able to perform this action.

Hope this helps,