Cascade Story Map: recommended image size

Jump to solution
12-13-2016 10:25 AM
JessicaPernell
New Contributor

What is the recommended image size (width and height, in pixels) and file format for images that will appear full screen within the cover and immersive sections? I would like to ensure the images are at the best resolutions, but do not want to upload images that are so large they slow down the entire story map.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jessica,

When you upload images to Cascade the builder will resize and compress them for you, so even if you start with a large image the app will help optimize it for web display. We're deploying some improvements to this feature tomorrow night, so if you have images to upload I'd recommend waiting until Thursday so you can take advantage of the improvements.

If you want to host and link to images on your own web server, we recommend making your images 1920px wide and compressing them with 80% JPG quality.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jessica,

When you upload images to Cascade the builder will resize and compress them for you, so even if you start with a large image the app will help optimize it for web display. We're deploying some improvements to this feature tomorrow night, so if you have images to upload I'd recommend waiting until Thursday so you can take advantage of the improvements.

If you want to host and link to images on your own web server, we recommend making your images 1920px wide and compressing them with 80% JPG quality.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps