Cascade Story Map - images not full screen

Jump to solution
12-13-2016 10:14 AM
JessicaPernell
New Contributor

I am currently working on a cascade story map, but at the bottom of every "slide" either a preview of the next image in sequence or a white block is appearing at the bottom of the screen. I have checked a story map created by a colleague several months ago, and the same issue is occurring. I created a test cascade story map on another Esri account, and the image preview/white block did not appear, which makes me wonder if it is something specific to story maps created within our organization account. Any ideas?

Link to previously created story map that shows the white bar issue: https://myfwc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=143c4e9a0400427fae4015adcc74ee2e 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jessica,

Sorry you are seeing this issue. I just tested in the latest version of Safari (10.0.2) on my Mac (10.12.2) and do not see the issue you are experiencing. Are you able to update your browser and/or OS to see if that resolves the issue?

We also have a release coming out tonight and have fixed a few issues. If the browser/OS upgrade don't work or you're not able to do those, please try again tomorrow and let us know if you still see this.

BTW, excellent work on the story so far -- it looks great!

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

10 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jessica

Sorry about the issue. What you are describing doesn't sound familiar to me.  Could you possibly take a screenshot of what you are seeing and post it here? Also let us know which web browser you are using?

Rupert

0 Kudos
JessicaPernell
New Contributor

Hello Rupert,

Here you go:

story map issue

If you look under the water image, you can see the preview of the next image appearing. This happens on every transition.

Jessica

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

HI Jessica
Could you share the URL to that story you took the screenshot of so we can test it out? Your screenshot shows the cover page of a Cascade app., When the cover page is display and the user starts scrolling down, they'll see the top of the first section in the Cascade that comes after the cover page. Is that the transition you mean?

Rupert

0 Kudos
JessicaPernell
New Contributor

Hello Rupert,

Of course. The URL is http://myfwc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=8016a8a12442484bbc7093a8a93696cd .

The top of each section is actually coming through before a user begins scrolling. Or in some cases, a white bar appears.

Jessica

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Jessica

Also if possible you could let us know which web browser (name and version number would be good) are you viewing the Cascade with and which operating system you are on. If you have tried it on a different web browser, does it work OK?

Rupert

0 Kudos
JessicaPernell
New Contributor

Hello Rupert,

I am using (and viewing) within Safari, version 10.0.1, running on Apple OS 10.11.6.

Jessica

0 Kudos
JessicaPernell
New Contributor

Rupert,

Also, I am only getting this behavior within Safari. Testing on Chrome and Firefox worked fine. 

Jessica ~

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jessica,

Sorry you are seeing this issue. I just tested in the latest version of Safari (10.0.2) on my Mac (10.12.2) and do not see the issue you are experiencing. Are you able to update your browser and/or OS to see if that resolves the issue?

We also have a release coming out tonight and have fixed a few issues. If the browser/OS upgrade don't work or you're not able to do those, please try again tomorrow and let us know if you still see this.

BTW, excellent work on the story so far -- it looks great!

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
JessicaPernell
New Contributor

Hello Owen,

I tried the browser update but unfortunately that did not fix the issue. If I get the opportunity, I will try to run the OS update.

This is only happening when I create a cascade story map within my organization Esri account. When I create a story map on a public Esri account, it turns out fine {same computer and browser as mentioned above}. 

I will check again tomorrow after the release this evening.

Thanks!

Jessica 

0 Kudos