Information Lookup template search issue

Jump to solution
12-13-2016 02:54 PM
JuneAcosta
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to configure the hosted Information lookup app with my data. Im searching for an address against my parcel layer, and I have configured the app to show the popup in the side panel.

For some reason,  the search window is not getting fully populated with the address that I select from the suggestion list. I believe this is also causing the issue with the information panel returning more than one record. A 30 minute configuration is taking me days as I try to figure the issue with my configuration.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Here's the map if you want to see the issue... , Information Lookup 

Thanks in advance!

Please see my attached image.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
27 Replies
MikeMillerGIS

The template is using a standard esri js control for the search.  It looks like the issue is with that control as I am able to repo the same issue with the arcgis.com home app.

Ian Wittenmyer khutchins-esristaff

0 Kudos
JuneAcosta

Michael- what software did you use to create this animation?

0 Kudos
JuneAcosta

That's too bad- I was hoping it was something in my configuration. The pop-up shows the correct record, but the returned record is not always the right one when I configure to have the pop-up docked to the right. Having the pop-up docked is the requirement from our users. I looked at the this map from City of Atlanta which I thought was hosted on ArcGIS online based on the URL, and the search control works perfectly.

Is there a better control to use? I wanted to keep it simple, but I could always download the template and host on our server. I guess I can look through the samples... Would it be a lot of work to swap out the control? Does ESRI plan to swap this out for a better search control?

Thanks for responding!

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

The difference in their app is they are using a locator and not a layer search.  You could build a Locator from your data and publish it.  

Here is an example of the locator that app is using, I removed some info to make it more readable and show the rest page

Find Address Candidates: (PIN_LOC_929) 

0 Kudos
JuneAcosta

Okay - I will publish a locator and try it. Is this map using a locator a Information Lookup ? This was a link from the ServiceLookup page from ESRI site.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Yes, that is the world locator

0 Kudos
JuneAcosta

Michael-

I want to test the app with my own custom locator. I added the locator using "add item" under content in ArcGIS online- now how to I access it in the hosted InfoLookup app?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

You need to add it to your organization in the organization settings

0 Kudos
JuneAcosta

I added it- now how do I access it in the infoLookup configuration?

0 Kudos