AnsweredAssumed Answered

Running Contour Tool on Multiple Rasters

Question asked by phillic004 on Dec 8, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 by Dan_Patterson

I have quite a few hundred rasters that I am looking to generate contour lines off. I have successfully run the Contour tool on individual rasters located in the 3D Analyst Tools -> Raster Surface -> toolkit but can anyone advise if there is a script or other tool that I can point to a series of directories to process quite a few hundred sets of contour lines off?

I've seen the script in the help file which is below but is there a fileobject algorithm that can be run over a directory with to extract filenames with many files in it?

Contour (3D Analyst)

# Name: Contour_3d_Ex_02.py# Description: Creates contours or isolines from a raster surface.# Requirements: 3D Analyst Extension# Import system modulesimport arcpyfrom arcpy import env# Set environment settingsenv.workspace = "C:/data"# Set local variablesinRaster = "elevation"contourInterval = 200baseContour = 0outContours = "C:/sapyexamples/output/outcontours02.shp"# Check out the ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension licensearcpy.CheckOutExtension("3D")# Execute Contourarcpy.Contour_3d(inRaster, outContours, contourInterval, baseContour)

Outcomes