CGA++ Integration Timeframes

12-06-2016 01:57 PM
CoMAGOL_ADMINISTRATOR
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I am seeking some guidance from ESRI R&D staff regarding the following:

We are hoping to use CityEngine for some important Land Use / Infrastructure Planning tasks which will require complex rules when dealing with things like GFA/FAR. Due to the existing limitations with CGA, i.e. shapes located on differing branches of the grammar tree not being able to interact with each other, we have had to implement some rudimentary work-arounds which are verbose and reduce accuracy.

I recently came across this article from ESRI R&D released last year regarding CGA++:

http://research.michael-schwarz.com/publ/files/cgapp-sig15.pdf 

It seems that many of the current limitations with CGA have been remedied and would be of great help for our projects coming up next year. What would the time frames be for integrating CGA++ into a CityEngine release and/or are there any development versions of CE available with this functional built in?

Cheers,

Dan.

1 Reply
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for the question. The proposed new features in the CGA++ publication lay the foundation for the future development of CGA. 

Simplified and efficiently performing features of CGA++ are successively integrated into CGA. The first batch will be available with the next release of CityEngine.