Time aware play button missing in IE

12-01-2016 03:47 PM
EvaKarau
New Contributor II

I have a time aware raster service embedded in a story map. It is working well, except for one small thing - if the story map is opened in Internet Explorer, the time slider play button does not appear. You can click on the area where the play button should live, and the animation will play, but the button is not visible. This is not the case when the story map is opened in Chrome, where the play button is visible. Any thoughts? Is this a bug in the time aware app, by chance?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Which version of IE are you using? I tested quickly using IE11 and was able to see the play button. 

0 Kudos
EvaKarau
New Contributor II

Hi Kelly,

We are using IE 11.0.

Thanks for any info you may have…

Eva

0 Kudos
IanWittenmyer
Esri Contributor

Hi Eva, 

i tested with IE10 and cannot reproduce the problem you are describing.  Here is the item i checked with. 

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/TimeAware/index.html?appid=1ff158032e5d4a6a87ffda19ebf45181 

can you repro the same behavior with this app?  Are you able to share the application you are working with so i can try to reproduce the behavior with your test case?

Regards,
Ian

0 Kudos
EvaKarau
New Contributor II

I opened the link you sent in IE and Chrome and I get the same problem as I mentioned with my story map. Here is the link to mine, but it sounds like this is specific to my version of IE perhaps? Other folks in my agency (Forest Service), have also said that the play button is missing when they open it in IE.

http://arcg.is/2aZSEHI

To see the time aware app section, scroll down a few frames to “Field Season Sampling Progression.”

Thanks for helping me trouble shoot…

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm in another federal agency (NOAA) and can view the time arrow in Firefox and Chrome, but not in IE or Edge. I am getting lots of warnings in the console in FF and Chrome about Mixed Content that are show up as errors in IE and Edge

0 Kudos
IanWittenmyer
Esri Contributor

ok, here is a screenshot that shows the version of IE10 i'm working with.  Do you access it over a VM or citrix or anything else that might be unique to your environment?

0 Kudos
EvaKarau
New Contributor II

No, we are not accessing the internet through Citrix… But I see that you are using IE 10, we have IE 11…

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
EvaKarau
New Contributor II

No, we are not using compatibility mode, as far as I can tell...

0 Kudos