AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I run 'Advanced High Quality Printing' service?

Question asked by DrSockMonkee on Dec 1, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 by dlaw-esristaff

Hello, I have been working through a tutorial for setting up a 'Advanced high-quality web map printing/exporting using arcpy.mapping'  ArcGIS Help 10.1 

One of the final steps is to run the tool and capture the results for use in the publishing of the service.  The way that the tutorial shows to run is with the Web_Map_as_JSON param as a single line 

{"operationalLayers":[{"url":"http://MyServer:6080/arcgis/rest/services/USA/ConterminousUSA/MapServer","title":"MyDynamicService","opacity":1,"id":"MyDynamicService","visibility":true,"visibleLayers":[0,2,3,4,5,6,7]}],"mapOptions":{"extent":{"xmin":-2200000,"ymin":500000,"xmax":-1300000,"ymax":1300000,"spatialReference":{"wkid":102008}},"scale":5000000,"rotation":0},"layoutOptions":{"copyrightText":"","authorText":"","legendOptions":{"operationalLayers":[{"id":"MyDynamicService","subLayerIds":[0,2,5]}]}}}

However, the graphic shows the input looking like this.

What is the little input to the left of the  - {"operationalLayers"::....   ?  I cannot tell what this is and when I run the tool I keep getting a 'failure on line 1' error with very little detail.

Any assistance would be very welcome.

Andy..

Outcomes