AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting Up Workgroup Geodatabase Read Permissions

Question asked by kundalay1 on Nov 28, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2016 by kundalay1

I just finished installing a Workgroup Geodatabase(SQL Express 2012 installation) on ArcGIS Server 10.4.1 on Windows Server 2012. I have uploaded some feature classes in the database and I can see the feature classes on Arcmap and ArcCatalog. When I create a map and publish a service from the Layers, I do not have any issues and they seem to publish just fine. However, when I try to access the service, I do not see the map from rest services drectory as well as ArcCatalog. I do see the Service name and all the associated properties. I also have Portal installed and have made the layer accessible to public as I realized the layer had private permissions initially and thought that was the issue.The database is registered in ArcGIS Server as a registered data source and successfully tested and verified.

The Same Feature Classes are also inside a replicated database in a standalone enterprise version of SQL 2008 database. When I use that data and publish to the server, . I can see the map from both ArcCatalog and Arcmap as well as the rest services directory. 

My educated guess is permissions issue to the SQL Server Express. I am not sure how to add appropriate permissions if that is the issue or wondering if there is something else I am missing. I cannot use the enterprise SQL for production because we only have license for Workgroup.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using ArcMap/ArcCatalog 10.4.1, Workgroup Geodatabase(SQL Express 2012), SSMS 2012, ArcGIS Server 10.4.1, Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.1

Thank You

Outcomes