Adding other dijit.form components to the Story Map crowdsource template

Jump to solution
11-29-2016 01:02 AM
LauraBertran
New Contributor III

Hi, I would like to modify the form that appears in the crowsource story map to add other gui components from dojo that are different to those that currently appear. For instance, in the "Tree survey" story map appears the option to select between different options regarding the status of the tree the user is currently uploading. By default, the story map template does not incorporate this type of component. In case that I want to use this approach for capturing information or, for instance, if I would like to use a dijit.form.MultiSelect component, which will be the easisest way to implement it? Would it be neccessary to host the modified template in my web server (I have one in my organization) and then point to the external application from ArcGIS Online?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

The "Tree Survey" app was a prototype that led to the current version of the Crowdsource Beta app. It uses a different code architecture and does not have a form editor or a multi select component built into the code yet. I just wrote a blog post about customizing the Crowdsource form but it will not be a simple addition, you'll need developer to go deeper in the code: https://developerscorner.storymaps.arcgis.com/custom-forms-in-the-story-map-crowdsource-beta-79af201.... The crowdsource beta is built using a ReactJS architecture which does not alway play well with dojo dijits. I've already created a Select component and it should be pretty easy for a developer to modify that into a multiselect component. Once you have customized it, you will need a server to host the code.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

The "Tree Survey" app was a prototype that led to the current version of the Crowdsource Beta app. It uses a different code architecture and does not have a form editor or a multi select component built into the code yet. I just wrote a blog post about customizing the Crowdsource form but it will not be a simple addition, you'll need developer to go deeper in the code: https://developerscorner.storymaps.arcgis.com/custom-forms-in-the-story-map-crowdsource-beta-79af201.... The crowdsource beta is built using a ReactJS architecture which does not alway play well with dojo dijits. I've already created a Select component and it should be pretty easy for a developer to modify that into a multiselect component. Once you have customized it, you will need a server to host the code.

0 Kudos