Issue with securing a public survey.

Jump to solution
11-28-2016 06:07 AM
NinaWinter-Hjelm
Esri Contributor

I have published and shared my survey so that anyone can access it. I do not want all the entries available for anyone to view and query, so I want to secure the survey results as described in this blog post: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/11/10/getting-started-with-public-surveys 
After changing the settings for the feature layer to restrict access to the entries in the service, I am no longer able to access the survey without logging in to the AGOL account (I recieve an error saying "Cannot find survey") It seems like the setttings to secure the feature layer require editor tracking, which require a user account? Anyone else struggeling with this? I am not using the app, only working in the browser. 
Would appreciate some help with this Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nina,

The issues you see with the web form happen when you alter the 'What features can editors see?' property only, correct?  This is an interaction how a survey authored on the web is produced- parts of the survey information won't be viewable if that is enabled; we currently can't support that restriction with web surveys.  We'll have a fix for that in the next release of Survey123.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nina,

The issues you see with the web form happen when you alter the 'What features can editors see?' property only, correct?  This is an interaction how a survey authored on the web is produced- parts of the survey information won't be viewable if that is enabled; we currently can't support that restriction with web surveys.  We'll have a fix for that in the next release of Survey123.

0 Kudos
NinaWinter-Hjelm
Esri Contributor

Hi James, 

Yes, that's right. If I alter any settings to secure the feature layer in AGOL my public survey is not public any more. Great, looking forward to using this functionality when it's available.  

Thanks for the information. 

0 Kudos