High accuracy GPS units and ESRI Developer Summit 2017

11-22-2016 07:14 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a question for the Collector team a few months out from the ESRI Developer Summit in 2017...

Now that Collector can be paired with several different high accuracy (i.e. RTK) GPS receivers, do we know if any distributors will be showcasing the hardware at the ESRI Dev Summit 2017?

It would be great to see and compare several GPS units alongside each other. If any of them arranged field demos of Collector in use with their GPS hardware then I would be very interested in attending.

Just putting it out there...

Cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Paul Haakma‌ did you ever get an answer on this? I too am looking into the best sub-foot option after having disappointing results for a Trimble Catalyst.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Never really got to see many in use. I tried to get a test Arrow 200 from EOS at the time but they had none in NZ.

Since then we have used the Trimble Catalyst and are still in ongoing testing with that.

cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
DavisWildman
New Contributor

Disclosure time here...I"m an Eos Arrow reseller but we regularly evaluate other brand receivers so we understand and can discuss differences in an informed manner.  That said, take a look at Arrow 100 for sub-foot positioning using WAAS (in good sky) and on RTK networks (decimeter).  The Arrow 200 and Gold are both centimeter solutions on network and sub-foot with WAAS.  There are many good success stories with Arrow/Collector workflow in various industries and the ROI is excellent...all OS compatible...it's a BYOD (bring your own device) solution with a low cost of implementation.  Paul Haakma...hopefully there's an Eos reseller coming to NZ soon! 

thanks!

Davis

0 Kudos