How can I modify the webmap to appear differently in each section of the cascade immersive

Jump to solution
11-20-2016 08:54 PM
CaseyCigic
New Contributor III

I would love to be able to select certain features of a layer to view and/or the layers themselves.  Similar to Story Journal or Series.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Casey,

Ok, gotcha. Unfortunately, Cascade doesn't support lists or tables at this time, but we are considering adding them in a future release.

If you have structured text you want to include in your story your options at this time are to either 1) create and host a webpage with your information and add that to a sequential section by inserting Media using the "Link to Content" option, or 2) enter and format your information in a word processing app like MS Word, take a screenshot, and add that image to your Cascade story.

It may help to work with your graphics department or someone with some design skills to create a table or infographic style display for your information.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Casey,

Check out these "How To Cascade" stories, specifically the one on Multi-View Maps, for details about how to configure a web map differently in each view of an immersive section.

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/storymaps/blog/2016/06/23/how-to-cascade-sample-ser... 

To show a subset of features you'll need to do a little work in your web map first. Edit the web map in the arcgis.com map viewer, copy the layer as needed, and set up a filter on the copy to show just the features you want. (Make sure your layer is published as a feature service since filters aren't supported on feature collections.)

Owen

Owen Evans
CaseyCigic
New Contributor III

Thank you Owen, that was very detailed information.   I was wondering how to format the sequential section when I don't have a full paragraph but list of things I would like to display without adding multiple sections.  Could you please advise me with this?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Casey,

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do. Can you provide a little more information and perhaps a screenshot or sketch of what you want to do?

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Casey,

Ok, gotcha. Unfortunately, Cascade doesn't support lists or tables at this time, but we are considering adding them in a future release.

If you have structured text you want to include in your story your options at this time are to either 1) create and host a webpage with your information and add that to a sequential section by inserting Media using the "Link to Content" option, or 2) enter and format your information in a word processing app like MS Word, take a screenshot, and add that image to your Cascade story.

It may help to work with your graphics department or someone with some design skills to create a table or infographic style display for your information.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
CaseyCigic
New Contributor III

Thank you.

0 Kudos