How to access attachments in ArcGIS Server map service

11-15-2016 08:35 AM
KarlKeough
New Contributor III

I have a file GDB feature class with attachments. I want to make it accessible on ArcGIS Online. I have published it as a map service to ArcGIS Server, but when I open the service in ArcMap the attachments are not available (I assume they will also not be if I access the ArcGIS Server service in AGOL). I can publish directly to ArcGIS Online without going through ArcGIS Server, and the attachments are available to view. However, would prefer to use ArcGIS Server to retain some of the groupings in my map.

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you publish the map as a feature service (with Feature Access)? Author Feature Services

Also see Problem: Feature Service attachments created in ArcGIS Desktop are not found in ArcGIS Online pop-up...

Think Location
KarlKeough
New Contributor III

I published as a map service, without Feature Access. I tried again with Feature Access but received a couple of error messages. The first indicated that the data had to be registered to activate Feature Access (can data from a file geodatabase be registered?). The second error indicated that group layers are not allowed when Feature Access is activated. Grouping of layers is critical for my application. I will try creating separate services: 1 for the grouped layers and a 2nd for the service containing attachments.

bext_la
New Contributor II

Could you solve your issue?

l am trying share image attachments of feature class in ArcGis server, but webmap doesn't show pictures in table.

0 Kudos