Improve performance of published geoprocessing service

11-14-2016 10:43 PM
PrasadG
New Contributor II

Hi all,

Can any one please help me reg this...

I have a geoprocessing tool that will create an event layer from the input text file of more than 10 lakh records(.txt) which is having x,y and z . This text file is located in the system in which arcgis server is residing as a zip file. The tool will take the zip file as input and will create event layer from this.

The entire process is taking 15 to 20 sec when i run it through desktop(Arc Map). But  when I use the geoprocessing service in my web application that was published in arcgis server  it is taking more than 60 sec of time. Is there any way to improve the processing time?

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Performance tips for geoprocessing services

Hope this helps!!!

Think Location
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you are using 10.4.x, I would make sure you have the Publishing path installed.  I'm not sure if this will help with the GP service in your situation, but couldn't hurt.  There are other patched for 10.4.1 Esri Support 10.4 (10.4.1)    and you can navigate to any other version to make sure patches are up to date.  I know I don't always see announcements about patches (seems I used to get a notification) so even I have to check occasionally.

0 Kudos