Using XGPS150 directly with iOS

Jump to solution
11-09-2016 05:12 PM
BryanIwamoto
New Contributor

Greetings,

We have a Dual XGPS150 that we are trying to use directly with Collector, we frequently collect points in areas with poor cellular reception so any help with this would be appreciated.

Specs:

iPhone 7 with iOS 10.1.1

Collector 10.4.0

XGPS150 with firmware updated to 1.3.4

(I have tried with previous OS and GPS versions and was unsuccessful)

I can successfully pair the GPS device with my phone using bluetooth (confirmed to be working with Dual Status Tool app), and then I can select and add my receiver in Collector, but when I open any map, I get the error message, "No Information Received: Your receiver is connected but not sending information. Ensure your receiver is configured correctly". We have tested this on a coworker's iPhone and it did not work for him, but it does work successfully on another coworker's Android phone with the recent 10.4.0 update.

Our device is listed as compatible in GPS receiver support—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS, although it indicates 'Bluetooth firmware version of 2.0.0 or later'. I am not quite sure whether this means the phone or the device firmware or something else...I believe I have the latest updates for both.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Dual has updated their website to include v2 of the firmware. For the XGPS150A, see Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver for Today’s Most Popular Handheld Devices | Dual Electronics and click the "Firmware" tab. For the XGPS160, see XGPS160 | Dual Electronics and click the Firmware tab.

The help topic has also been updated to be clear that the version is about the device firmware.

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bryan,

Part of the documentation that you are referring to mentions that your GPS needs to output NMEA sentences in order for Collector to pair properly with the GPS you own.

0 Kudos
BryanIwamoto
New Contributor

Thank you for your response,

Our device is outputting NEMA sentences and those can be read on Android. When we switch it to the iPhones, it does not work.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bryan,

I apologize for the late reply. The GPS firmware needs to be updated to version 2.0 for it to work with Collector on iOS

GPS receiver support—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having the same issue.  According to this site, (http://gps.dualav.com/xgps150-downloads/) the latest firmware version for this device is 1.3.4.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Dual has updated their website to include v2 of the firmware. For the XGPS150A, see Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver for Today’s Most Popular Handheld Devices | Dual Electronics and click the "Firmware" tab. For the XGPS160, see XGPS160 | Dual Electronics and click the Firmware tab.

The help topic has also been updated to be clear that the version is about the device firmware.

Esri Education Team