Help setting up groups in Portal for ArcGIS

11-08-2016 06:08 AM
WASA
by
New Contributor

We are setting up Portal for ArcGIS but need clarification on groups.  Followed the Model Organization for Water Utilities, created all  the groups as shown but we are unable to go further.  How do you link the items, users & roles to these groups which were created?  Can groups  be nested? Could anyone point me to a webinar, video, documentation which will be helpful?  I've been going through the User Conference Videos and some others but what is there, does not explain or demonstrate what I'm looking for.  Please help, I'm getting desperate.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cheryl,

> Followed the Model Organization for Water Utilities, created all  the groups as shown but we are unable to go further.  How do you link the items, users & roles to these groups which were created?

I'm not familiar with this, can you please send a link to access?

EDIT: Just found the link here: Model Organization for Water Utilities | ArcGIS for Water 

Have you followed the set-up/configuration directions here? Overview - Model Organization for Water Utilities | ArcGIS for Water 

> Can groups  be nested?

No, Portal for ArcGIS does not support nested groups. Please vote for this enhancement request here,

Nested Groups in ArcGIS Online 

Even though it's for ArcGIS Online, it also applies to Portal for ArcGIS.

> Could anyone point me to a webinar, video, documentation which will be helpful? 

Please review this UC Tech Session video: Web GIS: Server and Online: Portal for ArcGIS: An Introduction - YouTube 

Also some help topics,

Hope this helps,

WASA
by
New Contributor

Hi Derek,

Here is the link.

http://solutions.arcgis.com/utilities/water/help/arcgis-online-for-water-utilities/

Cheryl

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cheryl,

I edited my original post and did find the link on the Water Utility Model.

Have you followed the set-up/configuration directions here? Overview - Model Organization for Water Utilities | ArcGIS for Water 

Hope this helps,