Open graph issues

Jump to solution
11-04-2016 05:22 PM
lindsayc
New Contributor III

I want to share the map tour I've made online, but I noticed the other day the open graph doesn't have an image.

I've followed this article, but the image still does not come up. It looks like this:

This is what I've tried so far:

-putting the image url in the browser. It comes up with no issues. No 404.

-changing the image from jpeg to png. Same effect.

-checking the image size isn't too small according to this article.

When I go to Facebook's Open Graph Object Debugger, it brings up issues regarding the url, title, and app id. 

My repo is here.

I do not have much dev experience other than what I've googled, so if you have any troubleshooting advice, I am all ears. 

Cheers,

Lindsay

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lindsayc
New Contributor III

This issue has been solved. I was having issues because I was hosting through github, but I was using a custom domain. I should have looked further into github to see if they have options to use a custom domain name, which they do, rather than trying to do a url redirection cloak. 

For a more detailed explanation, you can see the issues section of my repo here.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lindsayc
New Contributor III

This issue has been solved. I was having issues because I was hosting through github, but I was using a custom domain. I should have looked further into github to see if they have options to use a custom domain name, which they do, rather than trying to do a url redirection cloak. 

For a more detailed explanation, you can see the issues section of my repo here.