We are in the planning stage of upgrading for our ArcGIS Server from 10.1 to the LATEST version.
Here are our current configurations:
- ArcGIS 10.1 for Server (with over 50 large map/feature/tile services)
- Total 2 instances, 4 machines
DEV/TEST - 2 machines (1 for cluster/load balancer)
PRODUCTION - 2 machines (1 for cluster/load balancer)
- ArcSDE 10.1 (Oracle 11G)
- ESRI Org AGO account (40 Web Maps, 20+ Web Apps)
Here are what we like to achieve:
- setup Arcgis Server 10.4 on Amazon cloud
- ArcSDE data store on-premise OR migrate to Amazon
- Avoid long downtime
Here are our questions:
- If we would like to use Amazon cloud, can we use our existing ArcSDE (oracle based, hosted in-house)
- Is there a first time setup fee charged by Amazon?
- do we need a load balanaer if we are using Amazon?
- Is there ongoing maintenance and support cost charged by Amazon or ESRI?
- What’s the traffic and data usage cost for both the ArcGIS Server and ArcSDE access hosted by Amazon?
- Any suggestions or strategies?
Thanks so much!!!