AnsweredAssumed Answered

Pasting favorite answers causing BIG issues.

Question asked by j.tesco.10 on Nov 4, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 8, 2016 by j.tesco.10

I have come across a large issue with my recent surveying. My survey has a lot of data points that stay the same throughout other survey form entries. In order to speed things up, I decided to try and use the "paste answers from favorite" feature. However every survey that I used the feature on is now bugged and wont upload to the survey123 website. This is a HUGE issue.

It seems to be an issue with how the "paste answers from favorite" feature handles the media in the survey. My survey form has two images. When pasting the answers from the last survey, it also pastes the two previous images. Because of this, I had to delete those photos and add current photos. Every survey that I performed these actions on is now bugged. When I try to send the surveys to the website, it hangs on the "adding attachment" stage of sending the survey. So I decided to open one of the bugged surveys in the survey123 app to look at it. All the normal data points in the survey are intact and functioning properly. But the photo's are not there. I suspect the name/storage address of the photo somehow doesn't get changed correctly and the survey is looking for the wrong name or the wrong storage location for the photo.

I need to fix this asap. I know there is a way to manually choose pictures with the file browser in the survey123 app. However the file browser doesn't seem to be configured correctly. The default location for my file browser goes to "/storage/emulated/0/pictures". This location is empty. The previous folder button or the "up arrow" in the browser does not take me to the previous folder. It appears to do nothing. I suspect if I was able to find the right address I could re-add the photos that are lost in there somewhere and fix the surveys. Could any of you point me in the right direction to solve this issue?

This happened to two REAL survey jobs that need to get done. I need to fix this asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Outcomes