Problems exporting to FGDB

11-02-2016 02:05 AM
RossGarland2
New Contributor II

I'm having problems exporting a feature layer to a FGDB.  I've never had any problems before and my approach hasn't changed at all.

I keep getting the following error message "Error exporting data to filegdb format," along with an empty fgdb file.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Cheers,

Ross

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you are having some issues exporting to FGDB. Would you mind providing some additional information:

- Is the feature layer you are exporting to FGDB shared with the public? 

- Does this feature layer have attachments?

- What is the size of this feature layer?

- Has export to FGDB worked for this feature layer in the past?

Thank you,

Katie

0 Kudos
asterxiang
New Contributor

Hi -  I am having the same issue.  I have a feature service which contains multiple hosted feature layers and tables. Some of the layers are empty because they are intended to be edited by user. I'd like to export entire feature service to FGDB from AGOL. I keep getting error message "Error exporting data to filegdb format".  Can you help? Thanks!

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Aster,

Try creating a replica using this workflow:

How To: Download a large hosted feature service with attachments from a REST endpoint 

Also, consider contacting technical support to look into what is causing the error.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

I am having the same problem exporting a feature layer (hosted) to a File GDB.  One service has a about 1000 points with some of them having picture attachments, the other literally has 1 point with one picture.  I either get a generic error exporting to file GDB or an error that says not enough disk space.  there is about 600 credits in our account now, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I've tried it in both internet explorer and Chrome, same error.  

I looked for the "create replica" option on the Rest service page, but that option does not exist.  

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Dan,

If there isn't a create replica option on the rest service page, sync is probably not enabled on the service: Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Are you exporting the data using an analysis tool or from the item details page?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
ScottMcIntyre
New Contributor

Hi Kelly,

I was exporting from the item details page.  i can export to shapefile and CSV, but not file GDB.  Sync is enabled and i am the administrator that created the feature service.  When i try to make any changes to to the settings on the item detial page, it also give me an error when it tries to save.

I ended up just adding the feature service to ArcMap, created a local copy for editing, then disconnected the file geodatabase and it worked just fine, so that is another workaround others can try.

thanks

Dan