AnsweredAssumed Answered

ArcGIS Server 10.3 on AWS publish service window changed?

Question asked by bkirchho on Nov 1, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 by pml

I have been running an ArcGIS Server 10.3 on Amazon Web for over six months and in the last week I have noticed a change when I try to publish a map service.  Because of security in our organization, I create a service definition file locally that links to an Oracle enterprise and then I copy the .sd file to the map server in the cloud and publish service through ArcGIS Server Manager.  I have successfully ran through this process many times but last week when I tried to publish a new service, in the first window of the "Publish Service" process where I choose the service definition file, I now see a jsontoken reference at the bottom of the pop up window.  When I do choose a file that is on the map server directory and select NEXT, I now see a notice that says "Please wait while the service definition is copied to your server..." and then it thinks for a while until manager times out.   I have not changed my publishing process but I have never encountered this information or behavior until the past week.  I know Windows OS patches have been installed but I wouldn't anticipate the operating system interfering with the ESRI Server Manager although I could be wrong.  Has anybody else experienced this issue and have you found a way to work around it?

Outcomes