AnsweredAssumed Answered

Q:  I want to use the coordinates from the attribute table of an already existing point feature class to create a second set of points that contain all the info from the original point. How do I do this and make it functional for ArcPad use?

Question asked by jmerluccio on Oct 27, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 by Dan_Patterson
Q:  I want to use the coordinates from the attribute table of an already existing point feature class to create a second set of points that contain all the info from the original point. How do I do this and make it functional for ArcPad use?
Background:
I have a point feature class that is used with ArcPad in the field to create points to record the location a start marker for a tree survey transect . In addition, we also manually record these coordinates (in UTMs) as well as the coordinates for end marker of the transect.
We have recently decided that we want to also create a point for the end marker. I started by revisiting that transects and creating new points. But since we already have the end coor. recorded I think it may be more efficient to use this info already in the feature class to create points for the end marker.
I have already exported the attribute table to Excel and re-added it to ArcGIS to display points by the end coordinates. But then I don't have all that original info that the points created with ArcPad have. I want to make a multipoint feature class but I'm not sure where to begin. I also need this to be functional in ArcPad so when a new feature is created you are prompted to create the start and end points.
I've been trying a number of things such as dissolve and merge.
Thanks for your help!!!

Outcomes