finley_KDEM

AGOL Web Map/App Editing Capabilities

Discussion created by finley_KDEM on Oct 25, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 by dlaw-esristaff

So I have created a rest service through my ArcGIS Server Manager, specifically a map service. Once I bring it into my ArcGIS Online web map it doesn't give me the option to 'enable editing' in the drop down menu, I checked back on the server manager and under capabilities -->Mapping Configuration --> Rest URL: --> feature --> 'Can Modify Layer:' it says false, even though when I shared the service from arcmap I checked the the allow updates box under 'feature access'. I have no idea why this is happening, I have allowed editing at both the Dbase and map service levels.

Also I have tried uploading one of the features from file, and I am able to 'enable editing' in the Web Map, but when I bring the map into an App, when I add the editing widget nothing appears where I should be able to choose which features can be edited. So I'm running into road blocks everywhere I turn. I'm merely trying to set up an app where somebody can go in and update a single field in the feature class, and be able to print the map with the new symbolization. Thanks in Advance!

Outcomes