Undo edit of hosted feature service performed in ArcGIS Pro

10-24-2016 05:16 AM
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

My workflow is to bring a hosted feature service (HFS) from ArcGIS Online (AGOL) into my ArcGIS Pro map.  In an edit session with in Pro, I add and move points in the HFS.  If I make a mistake and accidentally delete a point, the Undo button in the top left-hand corner of ArcGIS Pro does not bring back my deleted point.

Question:  when working with a HFS from AGOL in ArcGIS Pro, how do I retrieve a feature deleted by mistake?  In ArcMap I could just Stop Editing and not save my edits.  That does not appear to be possible in ArcGIS Pro.

Thank you for your time and attention,

Joe

14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you ever figure out if you can undo edits made to a feature service in Pro?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This isn't currently possible in Pro.

There are two related features in development however, a new versioning model that allows you to undo unversioned data, and an ability to edit the data locally.

0 Kudos
TylorHardy
New Contributor

Any updates on how to undo editing in Pro from a services?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is now implemented in Pro 2.1 as a part of branch versioning.

0 Kudos
JimHerberich
New Contributor II

"Branch versioning" does nothing for Feature Services...  This is truly insane, editing on by default, and cannot be undone.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jim, 

Did you also turn on the 'version management capability' while publishing the service?

You might want to take your use case to technical support. This model has been working for pipeline reference and utility network users for some time now.

0 Kudos
JimHerberich
New Contributor II

Where/how would that be available when sharing a web layer?  Certainly no such option for Survey123 service layers...  

This compounds the daft set of choices for restricting editing: updates only, adds only, or adds+updates+deletes.  What if we just want to prevent deletes, but allow adds and updates?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jim,

Im just following the steps in the Share branch versioned data help topic to publish the service. I dont know enough about Survey123 service layers or their source to help with those.

Through the publishing UI there is some choice for restricting editing (add/update/delete features, add features only, and edit attributes only) but not the finer control we had before. I can take this up with the sharing folks.

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

Tylor:

In ArcGIS Pro 2.2, it appears that there is still no Undo option when editing a Feature Service, whether a hosted feature service located in AGOL or a feature service hosted from your own ArcGIS Server with non-versioned data residing in an enterprise geodatabase.  BUMMER!!

I found this in the ArcGIS Pro online help:

Message: Edits made to this layer cannot be undone—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos