I have used the GNSS Status Utility with firmware 5.03 to apply NMEA setting to the R1 so that I can connect to it through bluetooth directly from Collector. It seems to be working well and I'm getting 20" accuracy without GNSS Status Utility app installed on the tablet. I can see all the NMEA data when I tap the symbol at the lower right of the screen. I have added the relevant fields into the FGDB feature class table before sharing the hosted service to ArcGIS Portal. The feature class is copied to the managed database in that process. So even though I can see the data in Collector while viewing the map, it is not being stored in the feature class when I collect a point.