How to join a feature in ArcMap to a SharePoint List?

12-14-2010 11:16 AM
PhilipSalter
New Contributor II
Does anyone know how to join a feature class to a SharePoint list?
6 Replies
RichZwaap
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Philip:

There is not currently an out-of-the-box way to do this in either ArcGIS Mapping for SharePoint or in ArcGIS Desktop.  For ArcGIS Mapping for SharePoint, we do have an outstanding feature request to enable the joining of SharePoint lists to layers within an ArcGIS Server map service for display within the Map Web Part.  This is an enhancement that is currently under consideration for a future release.
ErwanCaradec
New Contributor II
Hi,
will this enhancement be available in 10 - SP3 ?
We need it for ArcGIS server & ArcMap.

regards,

Erwan
ErwanCaradec
New Contributor II
Something new in ArcGIS 10.1 about joining feature class to SharePoint lists In ArcMap and MapServices ?
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Can anyone clarify this thread & what is now capable in 10.1 re ArcGIS for SharePoint (note i'm not talking about joining an arcmap to a list)?

I'm yet to work with ArcGIS for Sharepoint so apologies for the generic nature of the queries.

I'm really wishing to understand the following:
  i. if i have a feature service (spatial table) that i wish to associate with a sharepoint list (business data), i'm assuming this is readily capable?
  ii.  If the above is capable, can both spatial (feature service) & the business (sharepoint) list be editing from the map pop-up?  Or does the list attributes need to be maintained in the list?  If the latter, what is the typical workflow to streamline the edit process (e.g. if you create a new polygon in the map, presumably the list will not know about this new record?)

Brad

PS - you can join to list via access in the middle.
GarrettMoeller
New Contributor III
Hi Philip:

There is not currently an out-of-the-box way to do this in either ArcGIS Mapping for SharePoint or in ArcGIS Desktop.  For ArcGIS Mapping for SharePoint, we do have an outstanding feature request to enable the joining of SharePoint lists to layers within an ArcGIS Server map service for display within the Map Web Part.  This is an enhancement that is currently under consideration for a future release.

How is this coming along?
Very much want to be able to automatically update mapservice based on entry into sharepoint list.
MiguelGarriga2
New Contributor III

Is it possible for ArcGIS to connect to a SP List yet ?  

I see the OP was 10 years ago, and last post was 8 years ago.