Can Workflow Manager create a job based on an email?

10-13-2016 08:01 AM
ThomasFurcron
Occasional Contributor

We are using workflow manager 10.2.1 Desktop.  I would like to be able to send an email to the workflow manager email account that was set up for notifications, to create a job, with the message in the notes and any attachment in the email become attachments in the job.  

I can't find any mention that it does anything like that, but wanted to see if anyone out there has found a way.  

#arcgis workflow manager

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MohamedMassoud1
New Contributor III

I think this is complicated but it can be done .. there a free source code in the GitHub for creating job using c# code or python script I think the issue for your situation is that the email should be created with somehow that you can recognize the job properties from the email .. like job type .. start end data ... assigned to whom .. if you want to URL for the free library please contact me  

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes this has been done. Do you still need this?

0 Kudos
ThomasFurcron
Occasional Contributor

Yes I would still be intrested!   I didn't chase down the GitHub option because I am not much of a programer.  But would definitly still be intrested we still use workflow on a daily basis.  

thanks, 

Tom

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've reached out to the person who I know who has done this before and asked her to provide a few tips on this posting. She's unavailable till the New Year but indicated she'd follow up with you in January.

Happy Holidays

Michael

0 Kudos
ThomasFurcron
Occasional Contributor

Great Thanks! 

Tom 

0 Kudos
LenOlyott1
New Contributor III

Hi Michael

any update on this?