How do I search other layers in collector

10-06-2016 03:12 PM
MattPeters
New Contributor III

I would love to be able to search on other layers I have in my webmap for collector, not just the layer I am editing

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matt -- You can search layers that are configured for search in the map. Please see Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS  for details on how to do so. Would that enable the type of search you are looking for?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MattPeters
New Contributor III

Yes, that is what leads me to believe it should work in collector, as it works in AGOL when I set up the webmap like that.  But when it gets to collector, I do not see any way to change the layer I want to search on.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

You don't need to change the layer; just enter your search string and Collector will search with the place search and layers.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MattPeters
New Contributor III

Wow!  Intriguing!  Unfortunately when I put something in the search box and hit enter it closes the collector program rather suddenly.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

What platform are you working on, and what version of Collector are you using? Is it a map you can share publically?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MattPeters
New Contributor III

I am on iOS 10. I am assuming the latest greatest of collector. I keep

everything updated.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you! Is it a map you can share?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MattPeters
New Contributor III

Yes, I am sure I can. I will contact you again Tuesday

0 Kudos
MattPeters
New Contributor III

Good Morning, Yes, I have shared it publicly it is TestMapForFeatureSearch  our organization is "Utah AGRC" utah.maps.arcgis.com

0 Kudos