JavaScript 3.18 Browser Compatibility Issues

10-04-2016 07:15 AM
LloydBronn
Occasional Contributor II

I noticed yesterday that some of the widgets in my map weren't showing up in certain browsers, namely Chrome for Mac. This was after I embedded the code in an HTML widget on our website (the HTML document looked fine when opened directly in a browser). It was spotty in Safari, and OK in Chrome for Windows. I changed the script and style references back to 3.17 and the problem went away. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LloydBronn

Actually, I'm still having this issue with 3.17, but only on Chrome for Mac. The map doesn't even show up now. Has anybody else run into this?

0 Kudos
JeffJacobson
Occasional Contributor III

Have you looked at the browser's console to look for any error messages? When you have something that doesn't work properly in some browsers but not others, it's usually because your code is using a JavaScript feature that has not yet been implemented in the browser that is not working. In this case you'll need to add a "polyfill" to add the missing feature to the browser, if possible. (Some features cannot be added via polyfills.)

0 Kudos
LloydBronn

The map doesn't even load now. I get these errors in the console.

Error: multipleDefine(…)(anonymous function) @ init.js:36
init.js:37 src: dojoLoader

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of null

Sometimes when I refresh my browser, the map and all the widgets appear. Other times I get a blank box with those errors. 

0 Kudos