I have a loaded processing question and looking for some ideas...below is what I need to do...
I am importing a CSV file which ultimately will be a feature class. So if we start with the END result (Feature class) and I am looking to import a CSV file the question arises.....Can I append a CSV File to a Feature Class....I say no because there is no geometry in the CSV file other than Lat Long...SO that would bring us full circle (Assuming that the Master Feature Class already exists) to the beginning where I would have create a Staging feature class from the CSV and then append into the Master Feature Class housing all the records.
- Delete Staging Feature Class (Used to import the CSV file)
- Import CSV file to stand alone table
- Create Event Layer via Lat Long Fields in CSV File
- Export to Feature Class (This is the Staging layer mentioned above)
- Do some field processing to new Feature Class
- Append to Master Feature Class
Any other thoughts...did that make sense?