Wrong interpretation of antialiasing options?

10-03-2016 01:33 AM
ÁkosHalmai
Occasional Contributor II

There is a “Display” tab on the general “Options” window of ArcGIS Pro 1.3.1. and there are three antialiasing related setting: “Antialiasing mode”; “Text antialiasing mode” and “Enable hardware antialiasing”. The first two can be {None | Normal | Fast | Best}. If I change the first two to “None” (there is no antialiasing), then the third option “Enable hardware antialiasing shouldn’t have effect. But it has, especially on thin lines (typical antialiasing), at least in local scenes. I think I misunderstood something. These option are working separately and the first two is only for software antialiasing?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I assume that this is the antialiasing options that you are referring to.

The descriptions are there. But you don't need to worry about hardware options if you don't have a high-end graphics card.

Hardware antialiasing enables filtering directly on the graphics card hardware, rather than software-based filtering. Hardware antialiasing can greatly improve the rendering quality of 2D and 3D content, but this option is only supported in hardware on high-end graphics cards. Enabling hardware antialiasing provides higher-quality rendering but may lower performance.

0 Kudos