doerr@usgs.gov

arcpy.RasterToVideo_conversion fails when using 64bit python

Discussion created by doerr@usgs.gov on Oct 3, 2016

I created a tool using python in ArcCatalog that takes a set of bmp files and creates an animated video (avi) of them using arcpy.RasterToVideo_conversion.  Arcpy.RasterToVideo_conversion works fine when I use 32bit python but when I run it in 64bit python it fails with this error:

File "createvideo.py", line 80, in <module>
    arcpy.RasterToVideo_conversion(tempdir, tmpfile.name+"."+videoformat, "BMP", "Microsoft Video 1", "TIME", "30", "90")
  File "D:\ArcGIS\desktop\Desktop10.3\ArcPy\arcpy\conversion.py", line 425, in RasterToVideo
    raise e
arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
Failed to execute (RasterToVideo).

My goal was to publish this tool to ArcGis Server as a geoprocessing service which I know runs 64bit python.  So I published it to see what would happened and it fails there also in the same location and  the same error:

File CreateVideo.py\", line 90, in module
    arcpy
.RasterToVideo_conversion(tempdir, tmpfile.name+\".\"+videoformat, \"BMP\", \"Microsoft Video 1\", \"TIME\", \"30\", \"90\")
File "d:\\arcgis\\server\\arcpy\\arcpy\\conversion.py\", line 425, in RasterToVideo
    raise e
ExecuteError: ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
Failed to execute (RasterToVideo
).

My server configuration is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

ArcGIS Desktop 10.3.1

ArcGIS Server 10.3.1.

Does anybody have any ideas how I can get RastertoVideo_conversion to work with 64bit python?

Thank you.

Todd

Outcomes