Survey123 Connect will not install over existing version

Jump to solution
09-30-2016 05:27 AM
TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

Today I downloaded Survey123 Connect v1.8.27 to install on my Windows machine. I take all the defaults, but when I do, it tells me this is not a new folder.  I don't remember this behavior in the past. Is this how it should be acting now?

If I uninstall the previous version, what happens to all my existing surveys?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Terry, 

I've never been able to install a new version over an old one - I've always had to uninstall first. If you uninstall, your existing surveys remain intact and will appear in the new install. If you're unsure, take a copy of the files from C:\Users\<username>\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs and paste them back once you've upgraded.

Carmel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Terry, 

I've never been able to install a new version over an old one - I've always had to uninstall first. If you uninstall, your existing surveys remain intact and will appear in the new install. If you're unsure, take a copy of the files from C:\Users\<username>\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs and paste them back once you've upgraded.

Carmel

TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't remember having to do this last time, but anyway...

I uninstalled the previous version of Survey123 Connect and then installed the latest version . I confirmed after starting the application, all the survey forms previously saved remained available.

deleted-user-st4HsVxccxgs
New Contributor III

This still seems to be the case at v 2.6. It is really odd, as this seems like it should be a standard feature, like almost any other Windows application. 
Probably the best way to save all of your forms/files is to copy them to another directory, uninstall, then put them back. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

There isn't any need to move the forms/files of the surveys - they are in a separate location unaffected by the installation of the program.  We are working on a workaround for the automatic installation - this is due to a limitation with the cross-platform technology we use to create Survey123.