Story Map photos and points now showing on the map.

Jump to solution
09-29-2016 03:32 PM
FrankBigelow
New Contributor

I started a story map on my companies old license, we just recently upgraded to an ELA. Most of the files came over just fine with the exception of the Story Map. The Web Map and and feature layers are all there. I created a new Story Map from the Web Map but none of the feature layers are showing. Is this because they were tied to the original Story Map? My other question is when I create a new Story Map from my Web Map it does no give me the option to load pictures from ARCGIS, or any other way for that matter, other than to just load images. Why is that?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Frank,

Since this issue involves migrating accounts I'm going to recommend that you please contact Esri Support for help troubleshooting your issue.

https://support.esri.com

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Frank,

Sorry you are having an issue with your story maps.

You can use feature layers in more than one story map, so I'm not sure why they are not showing. Can you be a bit more specific about what is happening? Are you seeing an error? Did you copy items from one account to another or did you just convert a trial organization into a paid organization?

As far as uploading images, I'm not sure which story map app you are using (the full list is here). Right now only Map Tour and Cascade supporting being able to upload images directly in the builder. If you are using one of the other apps you'll need to use Flickr or some other hosting service or a web server to story your images.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
FrankBigelow
New Contributor

I am seeing one error, but it's with a photo URL, when clicked on it takes you to the photo. The items were copied from our old long standing account to our new ELA. I'm using the story map tour. The feature layer shows everything in the table, all of the descriptions, tour points, and photo URLs, they just wont show in the actual tour.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Frank,

Since this issue involves migrating accounts I'm going to recommend that you please contact Esri Support for help troubleshooting your issue.

https://support.esri.com

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos