lmj0906

publishing map service error

Discussion created by lmj0906 on Sep 20, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 28, 2016 by lmj0906

Hello, 

I know this is a topic that gets discussed a lot, but I am out of ideas, so I am asking the Community for any input. I have a mxd that I am publishing out as a map service. This map service goes to a server that sits "outside" of our fire wall, that is it a service that will be viewed in apps by the public.  When I go to overwrite this existing map service and publish out, I get this error:

"Packaging succeeded, but publishing failed. Error 001369: Failed to create the service." I then check the error log and messages in Acrmap and get this message. 

What happens next is what really confuses me. The service that I was trying to overwrite is gone from the server and ArcGIS Server Manager. A .sd file gets created in a folder on my local drive. If I delete this .sd file...and reopen Arcmap, I can successfully create a new service.

The path it shows is this: C:\Users\johnstl\AppData\Local\ESRI\Desktop10.2\Staging\arcgis on myservername(publisher). Here is where I see the .sd file that is named the same as my service. as soon as I delete this I can republish no problem.

I have no idea what is going on. HELP! This does not happen every time either and I have many services that I publish to the same server I have remade the mxd a dozen times.

thanks

Larisa

Outcomes