Taking Forever to Create Service in AGOL

09-15-2016 06:04 AM
CorySwales
New Contributor

I'm creating a service for a parcel dataset, and its taking forever. I've killed it twice already. I haven't had any issues in the past doing this, but haven't been able to complete this task for the past 3 days. Anyone else have this issue? I have compressed and compacted the gdb prior to uploading. I've also stripped the attribute table of all unnecessary attributes. Again, this is something that I have done in the past with success, so I'm not sure why I'm experiencing these issues now.

Any assistance or advice is welcomed!

Thanks,
Cory

agol‌

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I assume you are publishing the service using Feature Access (not Tiled).

Are you using ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro for publishing? Are you publishing it directly to AGOL? How many features are there in your service? How many credits are left in your AGOL account? Also check the expiry date for the AGOL Account.

Think Location
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Looks like the health of AGOL is currently ok ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard    But I have that after other have found errors that used to work, only to have them come out with a note that it was having issues and esri refreshed AGOL somehow.  (I hope that makes sense).

There were also some updates in the past couple days, so if you are having issues with things that worked a couple weeks ago, make sure to report it to tech support so they can make sure the update didn't break it.

What’s New in ArcGIS Online (September 2016) | ArcGIS Blog 

and for more updates affecting AGOL, look at some of the other links

ArcGIS Online | ArcGIS Blog 

CorySwales
New Contributor

Thanks for the replies. Oddly, right after I hit send on this message, it finished creating the service. The dataset is large enough to create a lag in the publishing process, but in two previous attempts, I left it over night, only to fail by morning. I think we're at a good place now. 

Thanks Again,
Cory

0 Kudos