Why does the page query need to be reset after making changes to layer?

09-15-2016 06:03 AM
RichardHughes2
Occasional Contributor III

I'm making a map series in ArcPro 1.3 and have page queries set on several layers in the TOC.  At the most basic level to demonstrate the issue I am having, when I change the size of the symbol for the layer with the page query, the page query ceases to filter the data and all of the points appear on the map.  I have to open the layer properties and click on OK on the page query window to reset the page query.  There are other changes to the layer and underlying data that reset the page query, I just shared the simplest example that I can repeat quickly.

Is this an issue that anyone else experiences?

Thanks!! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Richard,

I'm looking into your issue.  Instead of having to reset the layer properties, have you tried navigating to a different page?  I can reproduce the issue you describe but as soon as I go to a different page, the page query is showing the correct result in the layout.  I'm not suggesting this is correct behavior but want to know if you see the same thing I see.

Jeff (Layout Team)

0 Kudos
RichardHughes2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jeff,

When navigating to a new page the page query does perform the filter on the features as you describe.  

Thanks,

Richard

0 Kudos
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

Richard, we are looking into this and have created a bug: BUG-000099429.

Hopefully we'll be able to address this for Pro 1.4.  In the meantime, I hope navigating the pages is a faster way to generate a refresh.

Jeff

0 Kudos