AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scene (public) within Cascade requires viewer login

Question asked by KatyAppletonUEA on Sep 14, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 by KatyAppletonUEA

I have a story map using the Cascade template. It has an embedded Scene and when viewers reach this point it is prompting them to log in. The scene itself and the one (hosted feature) layer it contains are both set to be shared as Public. I can replicate the issue myself (on chrome and IE) if I log out of AGOL.

The story map:

http://uea.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=4f74f5f20c52407cb470c90f8657e2e2 

In trying to fix this issue, I have done the following:

Used the new Check Story feature, visible when configuring the story app - it tells me there are no problems.

Unshared and then reshared the scene - it did not give me the prompt about making sure all component layers are also shared, which is suggesting they are.

Saved a new copy of the scene from within the scene viewer and ensured it is Public.

Saved a new copy of the single dataset from within the map viewer, set it to Public, and then used that in the scene.

The thing is, I swear that I fixed this issue within the last week or two. I had indeed forgotten to set the sharing at that point, a colleague alerted me and then he confirmed it was fixed after I set everything to public. Now suddenly it is showing up again. There are two 2D maps within the cascade that cause no problems at all.

Can anyone suggest anything please?

Katy

Outcomes