Update broke functionality?

Jump to solution
09-14-2016 06:02 AM
deleted-user-OlpHy1NoMNug
Occasional Contributor II

Anyone else have their story maps broken with the update?  Mine is requiring a login to view it now even though it's publicly shared.  It's a Cascade template.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Scott,

We've identified the issue with the login screen as a bug that was introduced in last night's update. We are working on a fix that will be deployed tonight. I apologize for the trouble.

Regarding your other question about bookmarks and sections: I'm working on a GeoNet blog post on this, but that is expected due to a change we made in how sequential sections are implemented in this beta release. You can no longer have two sequential sections in a row. If you made a story like this in beta 1 or if you create this situation, for example by deleting or moving an immersive section, sequential sections will be combined.

In your case, you also lost a bookmark since the sequential section that had the bookmark was combined with a previous section when you opened builder for the first time after the update. I'd recommend inserting a title section to break up your story and you can add a new bookmark on the new title section or on the new sequential section following the title section. Sorry that this change has affected your story. 

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Scott,

Sorry you are having an issue. Cascade is now supported in My Stories, so you can check the sharing. Can you confirm that all the content is still shared by clicking Check Story in the builder side panel and finding your story in the list?

Could you also post a link to your story here so I can check it out?

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos

Everything checks out in My Stories too.  Here's the link, http://arcg.is/29T4kgd.

A more concerning aspect I just noticed is that in the builder all my content seems to be reduced to one item.  The content is still there as I scroll through the story but none of the bookmarks are.  

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Scott,

Yup, I am getting a log in after I scroll through the story a bit. Everything looks public to me, but something is prompting for a login. I'll investigate some more and get back to you.

Do you have any other cascades or story maps that are giving you issues today?

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos

Not that I'm aware of but I haven't looked through any of the others.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Scott, the patch has been deployed and I was able to verify that your story behaves normally again. 

Let me know if you are still seeing any issues.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Scott,

We've identified the issue with the login screen as a bug that was introduced in last night's update. We are working on a fix that will be deployed tonight. I apologize for the trouble.

Regarding your other question about bookmarks and sections: I'm working on a GeoNet blog post on this, but that is expected due to a change we made in how sequential sections are implemented in this beta release. You can no longer have two sequential sections in a row. If you made a story like this in beta 1 or if you create this situation, for example by deleting or moving an immersive section, sequential sections will be combined.

In your case, you also lost a bookmark since the sequential section that had the bookmark was combined with a previous section when you opened builder for the first time after the update. I'd recommend inserting a title section to break up your story and you can add a new bookmark on the new title section or on the new sequential section following the title section. Sorry that this change has affected your story. 

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos