Font scale issue with V1.3 update

09-13-2016 02:07 PM
QLDCGIS
New Contributor II

Hi,

We recently updated to ArcPro V1.3 and found that some the fonts we had applied in our layout tabs had blown way out of scale. Making adjustments to the element properties don't seem to make any difference. I've tried deleting the layout file and re-importing it, but to no avail.

I've attached the layout file for reference and a screenshot of the issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Brett Clews

Queenstown Lakes District Council

Central Otago

New Zealand

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidWatkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Brett,

This one is interesting.  The problem is coming from a reference scale set on your graphic text in the layout.  It is not possible to set this from the UI, so we aren’t quite sure how this happened.  To fix this issue, open the .pagx file using WordPad and replace all occurrences of:

“referenceScale” : 1000

With this:

“referenceScale” : 0

We can include a check in the software for this in future, but could you help us try to track down what might have caused this?  Could you provide me with any information you might have on the lineage of how this map was created?  Did it start as an .mxd in ArcMap?  Was it created in an earlier version of Pro? How was the graphic text added?  Were any scripts run on the map, or was there any custom code used to create it? 

Thanks,
David

0 Kudos
QLDCGIS
New Contributor II

Thanks David, will apply your advice.

The layout was originally created in v1.2, and line elements were originally imported from a CAD source.

The border linework was definitely edited in an mxd and then transferred to ArcPro v1.2. The graphic text was probably created in a similar manner (sorry - I can't remember exactly). It was fine with v1.2, the scale only blew out when the v1.3 update was applied.

We have run some custom python scripts in the maps used for transferring data into a feature service. These were exported in Python from an original ArcPro Geoprocessing Model/toolbox that was then saved into ArcMap 10.2 format - and then re-added into ArcPro as scripts.

Hope this helps!

Brett

0 Kudos
DavidWatkins
Esri Contributor

Thanks Brett,

This is very helpful. We believe we have an idea of why this started to happen at 1.3. We are still trying to track down where the reference scale came into the layout text on your map, because this isn't really supposed to happen.  We're also working on a check to address it at 1.4, so if it happens in other maps the text in the layout won't get resized.

Thanks again,
David

0 Kudos